The USA High School Clay Target League is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that operates its state high school clay target leagues in Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota as the independent providers of shooting sports as an extra curricular co-ed and adaptive activity to high schools for students in grades six through twelve who have earned their firearms safety certification. The League has three priorities – safety, fun and marksmanship – in that order.
We believe that…
• Safe and responsible handling and storage of firearms and ammunition is the first priority.
• Everyone should have fun.
• Participation is a privilege and not a right.
• Sportsmanship needs to have a constant presence.
• Students should have an equal opportunity to participate.
• Ethical behavior, dignity and respect are expected.
• Participants will be chemically free.
• Collaborative relationships with schools and students create a positive experience.
• Academic priorities must come before participation.
• Adults must serve as a positive role model to students.
• The success of the team is more important than individual honors.
• Gun clubs are critical to the success of the League and are positive business leaders in their community.
• Compliance with school, community, gun club and League rules are mandatory for all participants.
• Shooting sports strengthens connections within families and communities for life.
• Everything the League does will always be in the best interest of the students.
The Coach Education And Support Program provides an affordable education support platform that it is consistent with the clay target league’s mission, policies and procedures to help coaches help themselves, other coaches, and student athletes.