Create a Secure Information Database
The League provides tools through your Team Management System™ so you can access information quickly and accurately. All athlete information is entered by the athlete’s parent/guardian or the athlete at the time of registration. To help manage the information of your coaching staff, create a database of contact information that can be accessed by those allowed.
- Create a safe place to store information that you collect from your athletes, coaches and school officials.
- Forms can be stored electronically in password-protected folders but it’s always a good idea to keep a hard copy in a secured location as well.
- Decide who has access to this information and how they use it. Consider emergencies or other situations in which other individuals (such as school officials) may need access.
- Only ask for information that you need. Storing useless information will only make you look less organized.
- Set up organized folders that can give you quick reference to information when you need it.
- Keep medical information readily available to you at the range, this will be helpful when dealing with athletes that have allergies or medical conditions.
- Make sure your TMS database is updated with current information.
- Keep important email communications in folders and backed
- Keep information private at all times!