Develop a Long Range Vision of the Team
As the excitement continues to rise, second year teams should create a vision and a success plan in place that clearly outlines goals and expectations.
- Meet with your coaches and volunteer staff to design a vision for your team. This can be as simple as jotting down ideas and starting to form committees to carry out expectations.
- Set attainable goals and work towards achieving them before taking on new challenges
- Determine the long range commitment of your staff. This will help you as the head coach decide what you want your team to look like down the road.
- Encourage volunteers to commit to at least two years with the team. This will ensure that you will always have enough help working on your goals.
- Here are a few things to include in your team vision:
- Team size
- Financial status
- Skill and competition level
- Make up of grade and gender
- Coaching staff
- Integration into the community
- Opportunities for growth