School shooting sport teams are successful when responsible leaders and contributors team up to work on the common goal of involving schools and students in shooting sports. The results of a common goal-orientated coaching staff creates a safe, fun and competitive activity that all participants will be proud to be part of. Make sure you acquire the right people to help make that happen.
- Ask for volunteers at the gun club, open house, and through students to help coach and manage team events.
- Seek out people from your parent group that have teaching skills.
- Seek out volunteers from your local shooting range.
- Some volunteers that are firearm safety training instructors or certified shotgun instructors are desirable as members of your staff.
- Decide how many volunteers you will need as defined by the League’s policy and what their role will be. Coaching staff responsibility recommendations can be found in the League’s Policies & Procedures.
- Volunteers will need to be flexible and committed to the team at all times.
- All volunteers are encouraged to complete the school districts background check before joining the team.